Monday, April 12, 2010

The Simple Things

It sometimes becomes easy to forget the little things in life when everything in the world is becoming bigger, faster, and better. I sometimes get caught up in what's new or considered best. Too often I don't remember that being happy doesn't take expensive clothes, the newest ipod, or a shiny car. Happiness comes from the simple things in life that make you smile. These are just some of the little things in life that make me smile

A big bowl of ice cream
Getting the mail
Wearing clothes straight from the dryer
Paying with exact change
Receiving a thank you card
Making someone laugh
Sunny days
Getting the answer right on the first time on my calculus homework
Hot cocoa and Thin Mints (thanks Lisa)
Sunday naps
Hugs
No Homework
Walking barefoot in the summer
Quarter Machines
Finishing a good book
Wearing my Snuggie
Pretty Sunsets
Chocolate Milk
Singing to the Radio
A sincere compliment

1 comment:

Lisa Childs said...

Love love love love LOVE this post! I SO agree. It made me smile:)

Thanks love.

also thanks for the shoutout;) hehe Love it.