Monday, September 13, 2010

Music of the Heart

This Sunday we had an amazing stake conference. The best part of all was the music. The fabulous Mike Huff (musical genius) conducted the choir for the last time, as he has moved up to Logan. Our whole stake will miss him terribly but luckily we got him one last time. For the closing song the choir sang I Know That My Savior Loves Me and was accompanied by a small orchestra of talented musicians living within our stake. It was absolutely beautiful and the spirit was so strong. Our stake president, President Hanks, said that music is the fastest way to bring the spirit; the best connection we can get. I'm so grateful for music in my life!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Amen, amen, amen, amen, amen, amen, AMEN!!! I could not agree more! I'm glad it sounded so well. You can't really tell while you're singing in the choir, but the experience of actually singing what I know is true was absolutely incredible. I'm going to miss Brother Huff too... and since he's conducting at Utah State you should come up with me! That's another reason to go up there. ;) Don't you just love President Hanks? I absolutely LOVE when he speaks. He's awesome. Thanks for this post. It got me really excited for some reason and now I'm going to be very happy for the rest of the night. :) :) :)