Friday, December 3, 2010

Blood Drive

Today at school there was the semi-annual blood drive. Last year I donated both times and actually had fun doing it. So this year I signed up thinking I would have a similar experience. I was wrong. I think the nice man sticking the needle in my arm was new or had poor eyesight. He missed my vein and spent the next few minutes trying to move it around in my arm to find it. Well he was unsuccessful. Then he asked a lady for some help and after a few more minutes she finally got it into my vein. So all was good, or at least I thought so. As I was being laid back in my chair, this same guy accidentally moved the needle and I had to go through searching for my vein a second time by both him and the lady. After the needle was finally in the right spot I was informed that because of all this moving around I probably wouldn't meet the time requirements to fill the bag. They took what they had and let me go. Needless to say, this was not the best experience. Although, I did get a pretty cool t-shirt and lots of goodies and juice out of it. And they did put a cute bow on my arm wrap. So I guess that does make things a bit better.

No comments: