Sunday, August 28, 2011

BYU, FOL, NSO

Here at BYU there are abbreviations everywhere!! JSB, MOA(said mo-uh), RM, NSO, SWKT(said swicket),FOL, and of course BYU!! Seriously its like a different language.

Lets go back to Monday. I went to FOL up in Aspen Grove. It was such a good experience and I met so many amazing people. I was in Group 30 and we named ourselves the Blue Ukes because our assigned color was blue and one of my group leaders was constantly playing his ukulele. I loved it! It was like having background music wherever we went! The three days we were there were packed full of fun activities like a ropes course, a dance, field games, devotionals, swimming, classes, and group activities. It was the perfect way to start off my BYU experience. I wish I took more pictures but here's what I got...





When I got back on Wednesday my mom and dad came down and helped me move in. After I was all settled in we went grocery shopping and out for a late lunch. I said bye to the parents and headed off to a dance with my roomie Brianna. We met tons of new people and had a lot of fun.





The last few days I had NSO, which is new student orientation. We split into Y groups and with our Y leaders toured campus, played games, went to devotionals, and had lots of information crammed into us. And last night to finish off the week we had a dance/party. Its been so crazy the last few days I didn't take any pictures. But here are some pictures via google of my favorite buildings on campus so far.

The JFSB

The Library



Classes start tomorrow so keep your fingers crossed that I don't get lost or do something embarrassing! Good luck to all my friends that will be starting their classes her or up at USU!!

1 comment:

Lance Regis said...

Glad you are having fun. Keep posting to your blog, at least one person will be reading them.

Love Dad