Sunday, August 14, 2011

this is for you daddy

Alright so I've been a slacker and I apologize. Thanks dad for reminding me daily that I haven't posted. So this ones for you!!

Where to start?? I guess I'll just fill you in on all the trips I've taken this summer and go from there.

First off was my senior trip to Park City with my favorite people. Thanks to the parents for letting us use the timeshare :) It was so relaxing and wonderful. We spent the week eating delicious food, hangin by the pool, shopping, and just having fun. It was so nice to spend time all together before we all head off in our separate directions for college.

Straight from Park City, Jessica and I went to Provo for the Stadium of Fire concert with David Archuleta and Brad Paisley. We spend the night at Amy and Garrett's before finally heading home.

Then McCall and I headed down to St. George for a few days. We stayed at her house there just he two of us which made me feel all grown up! We went to the Harry Potter 7.2 midnight showing...ahhh it was fabulous. Definitely worth the 3 hours just sitting the the theater, plus we made awesome shirts :) On our last night the rest of her family joined us. We went to dinner at the Anasazi where you get to cook your meat on these hot bricks. Then we went at explored the narrows with her little brother Cayson and had lots of fun.

Next I got to head down to the Fish Lake with mom. It was fun just having some one on one time with her at the cabin. The weather was perfect as was the company :) One day we drove down to Capital Reef and hiked. It was fun but incredibly hot, but it was okay because we cooled off with some ice cream, which I happen to like kinda a lot.

Then my family went camping up in American Fork Canyon. I had to work but was able to come spend the night and one day with them. We hiked up to Silver Lake. It was only a little over 2 miles but it went straight up! It was pretty steep which meant that the way down was a little difficult for one who has the "dilley grace". So I ended up falling down the mountain and have some nice marks to show for it.

My cousins went to Goblin Valley for a few days which is one of my favorite places to hike and luckily they let me tag along. We went through the slot canyons down there and did a bunch of rock scrambling. It had rained pretty hard right before we got there which resulted in a lot of water in the canyons. It turned out to be a good thing though because the pooled water just added to the challenge and when we got too hot we just jumped right in to cool off :)

Just yesterday I got back from a backpacking trip to notch lake with my dad. We went with Jessica's family and another family from our ward. My dad just fished his heart out which was fine with me because it let me catch up on my sleep.

Now I'm up in Park City again, this time with my family for a few days. Its the perfect way to end the summer right before I head off to school (8 days!!!!)

oh and I drove down to Provo with Jessica today for a our good friend David's farewell (good luck elder!! japan is lucky to have you!)

Every spare moment is spent working, playing with friends (old and new), buying things for college...it is soo expensive, and procrastinating packing for my move to BYU.






No comments: