Thursday, November 11, 2010

STATE VOLLEYBALL

This weekend was State Volleyball down at UVU. It was a weekend of mixed emotions. I was so excited to finally be at state; what we had been working towards the entire season. I was a bit nervous also as this was my first year actually playing at the state tournament. And as hard as I tried not to feel sad, I couldn't help it. This weekend was the last time I would be playing volleyball competitively. It was hard to imagine not playing volleyball and not being with my team. I love all those girls so much and have made some of my best friends because of volleyball. It was weird to think that after that weekend I wouldn't be playing with them anymore. We had high expectations and had been preparing ourselves hard.

We started off the weekend a little rough. Our first game was in the morning and apparently we were not awake yet. We lost our first game which automatically meant we were no longer contenders for the state title. The best we could take now was 6th place. It was hard at first but I realized that no matter how much I wanted to change what happened I couldn't. I just needed to focus on doing my best for the rest of the weekend.

We took a break and got some lunch at the mall and headed to our coach's sister's house to relax until our next game. Our second game ended better as we got the win but I felt we had not played our best. It was nice to come off with a win which meant we got to come back Saturday, but I knew that I didn't want to end my volleyball career playing as we had been. You can read about the first two games here

After a good nights rest, we returned Saturday with a tough two games ahead of us. We played hard and had so much fun. We played our best and the kind of volleyball that I can't help but smile when I'm playing. We really came together as a team and battled hard. It paid off and we took 6th place!! It was a great ending to a memorable weekend.

Another great blessing was my back. It didn't bother me at all while playing and I graduated from physical therapy on Wednesday!!

What made things even better was the great cheering section I had. My parents, grandparents, sisters Katie and Amy, brother Thomas, future brother-in-law Garrett, Aunt Stephanie, cousin Cameron all came to support and watch. I have the best family :)

I miss volleyball a lot even though we've only been done for less than a week. It's so weird coming home from school while its still light outside and I don't know what to do with all my extra time. I miss seeing my teammates everyday even though most of us have conditioning class together every other day. Tomorrow night we are having a team sleepover and I cannot wait!!!

Heres some pictures from the weekend


No comments: