Sunday, February 6, 2011

#8

I really miss volleyball, a lot. I miss practice, I miss the games, I miss diving on the floor and getting floor burns, bruises, and battle scars, I miss the rush of winning, I even miss the conditioning. But what I think I miss the most is being on a team. There is just a sense of unity and friendship that comes with being on a team. We always had so much fun together no matter what we were doing. During summer camps, weekend tournaments, and long bus rides we created so many fun memories and inside jokes that I'll never forget. Each of the girls
on the team, Coach Herrick and Burton included, have impacted or influenced my life in some way. I love all these girls and I'm so jealous of all the juniors and sophomores who get to play again next year together!! They'll have so much fun and they have some pretty great talent too. I wouldn't be surprised if they took state next year. And guess who'll be in the front row cheering them on?? Their number one fan, Special M!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Awhhhhh Melissa!! I love this post. It is so good and so true about how being on a team truly influences you and you make some of the best friends! I loveee you and I for sure miss practice and will miss Special M next year!!!!! Thanks for this post :]
-Purcey